he Boötes AX7 Bound Grid control requires a Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations development machine with Update 8 or higher. Contact email@example.com if you intend to install this component in Update 7 or lower.
1. Download the Boötes AX7 Bound Grid Control from this link:
The downloaded file needs to be unblocked. Right click on the downloaded file:
Click on Properties.
Check the unblock check box and click Apply and then OK to close.
2. Unzip the Bootes_AX7_Bound_Grid_Control_XXX_T.zip file to a directory on your hard drive (XXX is a placeholder for the version number, T is for Trial, R is for Release, SC is for source code). For this install guide we're going to unzip the file to C:\Bootes_AX7_Bound_Grid_Control_CTP1_T.
3. Modify the file C:\Bootes_AX7_Bound_Grid_Control_CTP1_T\DefaultTopologyData.xml to include the following:
And then click on system:
The computer name is outlined in yellow, in this case it is DEPTEST12-7-3:
4. Generate a Runbook using this command:
AXUpdateInstaller.exe generate -runbookid="D08DB6BE54F8-runbook" -topologyfile="DefaultTopologyData.xml" -servicemodelfile="DefaultServiceModelData.xml" -runbookfile="D08DB6BE54F8-runbook.xml"
Always remember to change the D08DB6BE54F8-runbook part to make it unique.
5. Import the Runbook using this command:
AXUpdateInstaller.exe import -runbookfile="D08DB6BE54F8-runbook.xml"
6. Verify the Runbook using this command:
7. Execute the Runbook using this command:
AXUpdateInstaller.exe execute -runbookid="D08DB6BE54F8-runbook"
8. The Runbook might fail in a step as described here. To solve this you must simply re-run the step using this command:
AXUpdateInstaller.exe execute -runbookid="D08DB6BE54F8-runbook" -rerunstep=4
Important: re-run the step that ended in a failed state, it could be step 3 and not 4 like in the above example.
9. Open Visual Studio, import the C:\Bootes_AX7_Bound_Grid_Control_CTP1\BootesAX7BoundGridDemo.axpp project:
Import the project into a new solution:
10. Build the solution by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B or clicking on Build > Build Solution.
Or by doing a Full Build:
11. Synchronize the database.
12. Run the solution by pressing F5 or Debug > Start Debugging:
13. Click on Setup Test Data:
The installation of the Boötes AX7 Bound Grid Control is now complete.